Summer 2019 Internship applications are now closed.
Fall 2019 Internship applications are now available.
Stranger Magic Productions is offering three internship positions (unpaid) to assist in our upcoming productions. Applicants must be enrolled at a college/university and able to receive college credit.
The Stranger Magic Training Program is a hands-on internship program led by Executive Producers Yumna Khan & Nida Chowdhry. Interns will observe and participate in the ins and outs of a production company, from #setlife, to pre- and post- production, to everyday business. We offer special trainings to our interns to equip them in the media & entertainment industry, from business, to research, to essentials that will empower our interns as stand-out talent.
- 2019 Spring Internships – March 25th to June 30th
- 2019 Summer Internships – July 8th to September 20th
- 2019 Fall Internships – September 23rd to December 20th
- Application Deadline:
- Spring: March 13, 2019
- Summer: June 1, 2019
- Fall: September 1, 2019
- Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Interviews take place on a rolling basis. The interview process is highly competitive.
- Interns must be based in Southern California
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: “Intern App for (internship category)”
- Complete an internship application here. The essay questions are:
- Why do you want to intern for Stranger Magic Productions?
- Tell us about any experiences, talents, and skills you have that you’ll bring to our team.
- Tell us about your work ethic.
- Why *you*? This is your chance to sell yourself.
Intern Role & Responsibilities
- Assist hands-on with production and post-production
- Research topics given to you by producers
- Assist the producers by answering phones, taking detailed notes during meetings, inputting data into spreadsheets and performing other tasks as required
- Expert research/Google skills and strong writing skills required
- Assist with social media management and marketing content creation
- Prepare images and write copy for social media posts
- Currently majoring in Communications, Film & Media Studies, English, etc.
Please mention in your application if you have experience with the following:
- Basic video editing abilities in Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Photoshop and photo editing apps (Snapseed, VSCO, Planoly, Over, etc.)
- Social media content creation and management
- Online portfolio and/or links to previous work would be appreciated