2020 Internship applications are now available for Winter, Spring & Summer
Stranger Magic Productions is offering three internship positions (unpaid) per quarter to assist in our upcoming productions. Applicants must be enrolled at a college/university and able to receive college credit. The internship duration is 8-12 weeks.
The Stranger Magic Training Program is a hands-on internship program led by Executive Producers Yumna Khan & Nida Chowdhry. Interns will observe and participate in the ins and outs of a production company, from #setlife, to pre- and post- production, to everyday business. We offer special trainings to our interns to equip them in the media & entertainment industry, from business, to research, to essentials that will empower our interns as stand-out talent.
- 2020 Winter Internships – January 27 to March 31
- 2020 Spring Internships – April 6 to June 30
- 2020 Summer Internships – July 6 to September 30
- Application Deadline:
- 2020 Winter: January 17, 2020
- 2020 Spring: March 20, 2020
- 2020 Summer: June 6, 2019
- Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Interviews take place on a rolling basis. The interview process is highly competitive.
- Interns must be based in Southern California
- Email your resume to email@example.com with the email subject: “Intern App for (internship category)”
- Complete an internship application here. The essay questions are:
- Why do you want to intern for Stranger Magic Productions?
- Tell us about any experiences, talents, and skills you have that you’ll bring to our team.
- Tell us about your work ethic.
- Why *you*? This is your chance to sell yourself.
Intern Role & Responsibilities
- Assist hands-on with production and post-production
- Research topics given to you by producers
- Assist the producers by answering phones, taking detailed notes during meetings, inputting data into spreadsheets and performing other tasks as required
- Expert research/Google skills and strong writing skills required
- Assist with social media management and marketing content creation
- Prepare images and write copy for social media posts
- Currently majoring in Communications, Film & Media Studies, English, etc.
Please mention in your application if you have experience with the following:
- Basic video editing abilities in Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Photoshop and photo editing apps (Snapseed, VSCO, Planoly, Over, etc.)
- Social media content creation and management
- Online portfolio and/or links to previous work would be appreciated